Thursday, January 18, 2007

Daily Rigors - 18-Jan-2007

Every day is a new day, so don't drag the bad stuff from yesterday with you today. You have two choices; you can either choose to make it a good day or a bad day. I try to choose to make everyday a good day. Some days are tougher than others.

As I have become a more experienced person - sounds better than saying getting older - I read a lot more. Even 15 years ago I could not see myself saying that I read more stuff, much less doing it. The internet has defintely helped me on this task and people blogging has really helped.

Part of my daily ritual is to look for new posts on the blogs of a couple of co-workers - Brent Strange (http://qainsight.net/) and Scott Hansleman (http://www.hanselman.com/blog/).

In reading blogs, I have experienced stuff as simple as a defect in a stop light system when snow covers the streets to experiencing Africa and Egypt. Blogs can contain pictures, which is nice for instant gratification, but just the verbiage tells a story from the writer's perspective that you might have known before.

An email that I enjoy reading is Joke-of-the-Day from Rex Barker. What I really enjoy are the jokemaster's thoughts rather than the jokes themselves. They can make me smile, think, or re-think how good things actually are. If you get a chance, subscribe to joke-of-the-day.

Remember, if today is one of those days that the rigors are making it tough to choose to make it a good day try reading someone's blog - might I suggest Brent Strange's site again http://qainsight.net - it could change your perspective and put a smile on your face and make it a good day.

Today, choose to make it a good day. :-)

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner