Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Run Your Own Race

I am a computer geek, but not the über computer geek that my buddy Scott Hanselman is.

I like to play basketball, but I am not Kevin Garnett or Shaquille O'Neal.

I like to cook, but no one will mistake me for Emeril Lagasse.

I will never be mistaken for an electrician or car mechanic or even a doctor.

To be the best at something, you have to do your best at it and like what you are doing. If you don't like what you are doing, it is hard to continually do your best.

Don't compare yourself to anyone. You need to run your own race. The only comparison you should be making is how you were doing previously to how you are doing now. Just because you neighbor may be a bar-b-que king, it does not mean that you will be one or that you even need to try to be one. I repeat, you need to run your own race.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. Show someone that you are good at what you do by helping them.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner