Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bucket List

My wife and I saw Bucket List over the weekend and it got me to thinking.

Life is not infinite, so you need to enjoy it while you have it.

The past is the past and you cannot change it.

One of my favorite lines from the movie is Virginia said I left a stranger and came back a husband; I owe that to you. What this line means to me is you never know exactly who is going to have a positive effect on your life. In the movie, Edward was not a person very many people liked (if anyone liked at the beginning) but Carter saw something in him even though Edward was not nice to him in the beginning. Give people a chance. I would rather error and find someone not to be nice than to miss the opportunity of meeting someone nice.

I have an amazing grasp on the obvious; one of the main themes that the movie tries to get across to the audience is to live your life to the fullest.

Do you have a bucket list (things to do before you die)? If not, make one.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. Even though you have done this, you can't cross it off your bucket list because it is something you need to do every day in order to live your life to the fullest.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner