Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dance Like No One's Watching

I can't dance to save my life. Two gifts that God did not bless me with were a good singing voice and good coordination. I tease my daughter by telling her that I can do the white man overbite. But most people let their inner rhythm out when they think they are all alone like the dancing cadet.

Dance like no one's watching to me means not to worry about what people think when you are doing what you like to do.

Going along the same lines, work like you don't need the money. If you have to work, you might as well get paid to do what you like to do. If you won the lottery, and after taking time off to do all the fun things that you would want to do, would you still do the work that you are doing now when you need the money? If not, why not?

The only reason that I can think of for not doing what you currently do, is that you want to do something else as well.

Have a job that you enjoy the tasks that you have to do. Enjoy going to work. It does not mean that work is where you spend all your time, but it should not be a place where you regret going either. If you like what you do, you are going to do a better job at it. Your customers win because they get a better whatever. Your company wins because it keeps its customers happy and gets more business. You win because your company is happy with you and takes good care of you.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. It could be as simple as showing them how well (or poorly) you dance and enjoy your job.






No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner