Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Made it to India

Even though the flight from Frankfurt, Germany departed late, the time was made up in the air and we actually landed on time.

The second plane had much smaller seats in it than the first plane did. I could barely get my hips into the seat. There was an immovable divider between the seats, so I could not even take any of my neighbor's space even though I would have liked to have had the extra room. There are certain disadvantages to being big, and this is one of them.

All in all, the flight was uneventful - albeit, it was turbulent. The turbulence kept me awake for the majority of the journey.

Upon arriving in India, I had to go through customs. There were several long lines. I was fortunate and picked one that moved very quickly. Everything went smoothly.

Now I got to the baggage claim and it looked like all the people that were in customs multiplied by an order of magnitude. It took about 45 minutes to get my luggage. People were shoving each other to try to get to the very small conveyor belt ... I think most were surprised when I did not move when they tried pushing me out of the way. There are certain advantages to being big.

There were hundreds of people waiting outside to pick people up ... I had to find the person that was holding a card with my name on it. He was towards the end, but I did find him. Traffic was definitely different than any other place I have been. I am glad I have a driver.

By the time I got to the hotel, it was about 1:30 AM. I was able to get connected to the internet to let my wife know that I arrived safely. The silver lining to not being able to sleep on the plane was that I was tired enough to sleep when I got to the hotel.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. They might need help finding their luggage at the airport.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner