Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Lessons - By Pamela Morrison

This original poem was submitted to Rex Barker and seemed appropriate today.


MY LESSONS
by Pamela Morrison

They say that beauty is only skin deep
and that promises are meant to keep
and I have to crawl before I walk
and I have to think before I talk

and I have to laugh to keep from crying
and when I fail I must keep trying
They say we can not all be winners
and the world is full of saints and sinners

and don't put the cart before the horse
and before the journey map the coarse
and to always look past the end of my nose
and to be sure to take time to admire a rose

They say treat others as I'd have them treat me
and to always try hard to be all I can be
and not to put off what I can do today
and to not be upset if I don't get my own way

and when leaving a room always turn off the light
and to talk to God every morning and night
They say always remember say thank you and please
and to cover my mouth whenever I sneeze

and there's a time for work and a time for fun
and don't play with fire and don't touch a gun
and at the end of the rainbow there's a big pot of gold
these are all of the lessons in life I've been told

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness today.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner