Thursday, September 20, 2007

Anticipation

Remember as a kid, you could not wait for your birthday, Christmas, Friday so you could spend the night at a friend's house?

Then as you got a little older you could not wait until you were 15 so you could get your driver's permit, 16 so you could get your driver's license, 18 so you could be on your own, 21 so you drink. The anticipation for these events felt like it was killing you. Then you finally hit the milestone, and it was seldom as great as you were hoping it would be.

There is nothing wrong with waiting with great anticipation, but don't let the anticipation ruin the journey of getting there or the actual event. And don't let it get the better of you if whatever it is does not happen when you expect it to happen. If it does not happen on a particular day, then you have something to look forward to the next day.

My mom used to always get upset with me because I did not have any patience. She kept telling me to be patient. I would reply, If God meant me to have patients, He would have made me a doctor. My mom never found the humor in it. I digress. Temper anticipation with patience. It will make your life a lot more enjoyable.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. The person won't be expecting it, so there is no anticipation for the person to have to wait through.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner