Monday, September 17, 2007

Enjoy Your Family Time

This past Saturday was one of the best days I have had in a long time.

No, I didn't win the lottery. And no, I did not receive an inheritance from a long, lost uncle which made me a multi-millionaire.

The day started with my wife and I perusing the Farmer's market and listening to some local musicians while consuming a snack.

Then we went home for a bit and our teenage daughter dropped by for a visit to see the parental units for a while. Those of you with teenage kids will appreciate this because once the teenage years come around they would prefer to spend more time with their friends. Now parents, I hope you are sitting down, because you are going to have a hard time believing this one - our daughter actually wanted to be seen in public with us without an ulterior motive. We went to a interior home store and she showed us stuff that we actually liked.

When our daughter was done showing us stuff, she went on her way and my wife and I did a little shopping on our own.

To culminate the day, my wife and I went out for dinner. Our meal and service were both very good. The waiter spent the right amount of time and attention with us and gave us enough personal time to talk about whatever.

Make your family's day and spend some time with them. It will one of the best investments of your time.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner