Thursday, September 27, 2007

Team Work

I don't care how good you are at doing what you do, you can be even better if you work as a team. It does not matter if it is in a sport or at work or school.

Last night was a basketball night. To start the night, I could not hit the ocean with a rock while standing on the beach. Translation, I was standing underneath the basket by myself and I could not put the ball in the basket. I needed to rely on my teammates to score, because I sure as heck could not do it. As the night progressed, I found my touch and was able to score at will. Then the other team decided that it was a bad idea for me to get the ball and started double and triple teaming me. So I needed to get the ball to my open teammates and they were able to score. This made it so the other team could not triple team me, and I was then able to score again. Without my teammates, we would not have been able to win the games.

I work with some stellar people at my work. There are probably less than a handful of people who are go-to people for just about anything concerning our applications. However, there is a least a googolplex [maybe a slight exaggeration] of great people who know a lot about their particular area of our applications. It is all these people that make the teams at work successful and in turn make the company successful.

Whether it be work or play, it takes team work to make a great team.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. It could be as simple as letting the person know how important they are to the team.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner