Thursday, April 12, 2007

Growing Up

Growing up is never easy. Growing up does not necessarily mean growing old, but it does mean maturing.

One of my favorite verses from the bible is 1 Corinthians 13:11:
When I was a child, I talked like a child. I thought like a child. I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Every day is a new day. You get the chance to start anew and leave yesterday's troubles and tribulations behind you. It does not mean you are not responsible for things you did yesterday and don't have to do something you did not complete. It does mean that you don't have to carry yesterday's baggage with you today. You will have enough to carry today without bringing any from yesterday. Part of growing up is acting grown up and learning what to take with you and what to leave behind you on your journey through life.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. It could be just the help they need to make the next step in the growing up process.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner