Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Niceness of People

Did you ever notice how nice people are when things go wrong?

For example, during hurricane Katrina and hurricane Rita, people were helping people to safety that they did not know.

A decade or so ago, a little girl fell down a well and was trapped. Companies from all over the country sent equipment and people to get the little girl out.

On a much smaller scale, I broke my ankle and several people at work asked if I needed help doing things. Two of the biggest instances of assistance that I appreciated the most were Claudia bringing over the ottoman so I could elevate my foot and John getting me a cup of water. In the grand scheme of life, these are not real big "things," but they really made my day better by their acts of kindness.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. It will show the person that the world is not void of nice people.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner