Monday, April 16, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

There was a song done by the Carpenters with a line it that said "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." In the Pacific Northwest, rainy days are just part of the norm, especially if you happen to live in Seattle, WA.

Someone commented to me early today that a lot of people were working from home today due to the weather. I responded that today is a good day to work from the office. Let me explain Lucy. We are computer "geeks" who work in an office with regulated temperature. If it is miserable outside, the only way we can tell is by either going outside or looking out the windows. Either way, if it is miserable outside, it is a good day to get paid for working inside.

I often joke about calling in well. No, I do not mean calling in sick. If the day is really nice outside with the sun shining and the ground is dry, those are the days that it is hard to come work inside.

If I were to call in well, I imagine the scenario going on something like this:

Me: Hello Boss, I am calling in well.
Boss: Are you sick?
Me: No, I feel just fine. It is just too nice of a day to be cooped up in the office, so I am calling in well to enjoy the nice day.
Boss: Ok, take the day off. Just make sure to get your work done this week.

Now, I don't call in well, but maybe one day it would be nice to do so.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. It might be the sunshine they need to make their rainy day and Monday go away.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner