Friday, June 8, 2007

What Good Are You Going to Do Today?

Everyday opportunities to do good are put in front of you.  Are you going to do something about it?  Or are you just going to let it pass you by?

Doing something good does not necessarily have to cost you financially.  It could be just a moment or two of your time.

One of my coworkers today drove in with a flat tire.  I did not think she knew she had the flat tire because when she opened her trunk, she only pulled out her laptop and came into the building.  I found her and asked if she had a spare tire.  She said she thought she had a spare, so I offered to change the tire for her.  The only problem was she did not have a jack.  But she did have AAA which she called to fix the flat.

One of my buddies yesterday helped me out with an issue with my blog site I was having troubles resolving.  Scott is an extremely active and busy guy, but he took time during his lunch to help me resolve the problem.

The other night while I was watching the guys play basketball, a couple of people showed up a little late.  Instead of making the new guys wait at least a game to get a chance to play, a couple of the guys on the sidelines gave their places to the new guys so they could play, since they had not played yet.

So what are you going to do today?

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness.  You can tally one towards your good deed of the day.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner