Thursday, July 26, 2007

Back to Basketball

Four Months

In the grand scheme of life, 4 months is not a long time. When you are recovering from an injury, 4 months feels like an eternity.

Last night was my first real night back playing basketball after a four month hiatus due to me braking my ankle.

I would like to describe my performance as awesome, but that would not be truthful. It was more like rusty, not so good, slow, and you-call-that-defense. I am no spring-chicken any more so it takes me longer to try to do what I used to do effortlessly. Then there are somethings I just can't do any more; my days of dunking the basketball are a distant memory.

There was a girl playing last night that even on a good night for me would have made me look pretty bad. The girl could play.

Even though my play was definitely lacking, it was still a lot of fun. Being able to fellowship with the guys made the night worthwhile.

Enjoy the good times.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner