Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just Wait

As a kid, the words "just wait" were never a good thing.

"Just wait till your father gets home."

"I wanna go now. No, just wait."

"I wanna do this now. No, you are just going to have to wait."

"Mom. Mom. Mom." [She is talking on the phone or to someone else.] "Just wait a minute."


Where you were a kid you never wanted to hear that you have to wait. Shoot just ask a Gen-Y person today to wait and you will get the same response as when they were a little kid.

As I have gotten older I have learned that waiting is not such a bad thing and waiting could actually be the best thing to do when you are pondering a dilemma.

For example, today I had 5 hours of meetings scheduled and about 8 hours worth of work to do on top of it. To boot, I had an early in the day deadline to meet for one of my projects.

In order to have time to meet the deadline I arrived early, because one of my meetings fell right into the middle of my testing time. While I was testing, I received a notification that the meeting time was being changed to a different day, so I had more time to test in order to meet my deadline.

I was not sure exactly how I was going to get everything done, but I did not panic and I did what I could and waited for the next event to occur. So, waiting was very beneficial for me.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. It could be as simple as telling them to Just Wait.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner