Monday, July 9, 2007

Things you don't forget

There are three things that you won't ever forget if they happen to you. Child birth, a heart attack and kidney stones.

Child birth is one of the most memorable things a woman can go through. Through all the pain and agony, a new life is presented to the world that makes it almost worth while, I hear.

If you ever have a heart attack and you are fortunate enough to survive it, you will never forget the incident. You will always remember the symptoms so in case you ever experience them again, you will know what to do.

Kidney stones are a pain that you will never forget and hope to never experience a second time if you are unlucky enough to experience them once in your life. I had a kidney stone a little over 15 years ago. I hoped that I would never have to go through that pain again. Unfortunately, I think I got to experience the onset of another kidney stone over the weekend. The reason I say I think is because the radiologist at the hospital said there was nothing there yet. This did not make me feel any better. Needless to say, it was not a pleasant experience at the hospital and the pain continues to be unpleasant as I type.

A buddy of mine at work told me a story about his father and a kidney stone that at least gives one kidney stone a redeeming quality. While the doctor's were looking for the kidney stone in the father's abdomen region, they found an abdominal aorta aneurysm (AAA) that they normally find during an autopsy. So getting this kidney stone saved my buddy's father's life.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you got the kidney stone. Very painful.

Nitesister said...

Just found your blog today and I love it.
My dad died last month from an AAA. What a funny coincidence, I think I was meant to find you.
You've done me good already. Thank you.

 

Powered by FeedBurner