Thursday, May 17, 2007

Buddies

Yesterday was a good day. I got to see my buddy Dori. I have not seen her in eons as she is a remote employee who works out of Kansas. I never know when she is going to be in town or when she is going to come back, so I make sure I greet her with a hug. Dori is a truly a good person and I want to make sure that she knows that I know that she is and that I appreciate her.

Dori is one of the few remaining people left from my original group when I got hired. The others that still remain are Tad, Grandpa Mike, Stephen and Becky. Most of you are probably saying So what? You still work with 5 people. Big deal. My response is ... it is pretty big deal when you work for the same company for almost 7 years. In the high tech sector where it is more common to spend more time at work than you do with your family, your work family of buddies are an important part of your life. Appreciate them. Respect them. Give them your best.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness - even if it is for one of your buddies.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner