Friday, May 11, 2007

Family Values

When you are a parent, you are always on stage in front of your kids. Every action you make and every word you say around your kids is recorded in your kids memories to be played back at any given time; these are going to be the values you instill in your kids. Actions speak louder than words. Just to make sure that you got what you just read, what ever you do your kids are going to do. Whatever you say your kids are going to say.

This being said, you better be on your best behavior unless you want to be a do as I say, not as I do parent. I am a bigger fan of teaching your kids good family values and living the family values you teach - if you are going to talk the talk, you had better walk the walk.

I just started reading the book Little Family, Big Values based on the Roloff family from the television series Little People, Big World on TLC. There is nothing wrong with getting mind stimulation from a hard covered book, even if is old-fashioned for the 21st century. So far, so good on the read. I will blog with my complete review later when I have finished reading the book.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. If your kids are around, they will be watching; IMHO, this is one of the best family values you can instill in your kids.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner