Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Put Your Best Foot Forward

Last week I think I mentioned that I broke my ankle; a broken ankle means I don't get to play basketball for several weeks. It does not mean that I am not involved in basketball while I recuperate.

I got a call from one of the kids yesterday asking if I was going to have the gym open for basketball. I find it rather invigorating to find kids who want to play basketball as much as I do.

The high school decided to open the gym this spring so both the girls and boys could play and keep in shape for next season. We had enough girls come to play that we were able to get the girls in a weekend tournament.

Even though I am unable to play, I enjoy helping others get better at their game. I can still put my best foot forward figuratively, even if I cannot do it literally.

Make someone's day and perform a random act of kindness. Don't forget to put your best foot forward when you do it.

No comments:

 

Powered by FeedBurner